“Sublingual immunotherapy works by placing an extract of the food allergen under the child’s tongue. The membranes of the mouth absorb trace amounts of the allergen, absorbing just enough to desensitize the immune system without prompting an allergic reaction. Oral immunotherapy takes it a step further by having children eat tiny amounts of the allergen. “The approach involves ingesting an extremely small and then gradually increasing amount of the food under medical supervision, with the hope of getting to an amount that is not causing reactions and is more substantial in dose,” Sicherer said.”
(read full story at link below)
Sounds like Homeopathy to me.